Wednesday, March 21st, 2007

They airbrushed my face

Some stills from the CNN International story about the film yesterday. It was actually pretty fun, the producers did a great job. For the lead-in to the interview, they had BREAKING NEWS flashed across the screen, but it was in Comic Sans! Then the anchors were like, “Something’s wrong here… this doesn’t look right. But if we change it to Helvetica…”

I can’t really remember what I said… all I can remember is saying the phrase “visual landscape” and babbling about how I flew on American Airlines a lot as a child. They’re sending me a copy of the story, will post the video when I get it. After the interview was over, the next segment was the weather, and the anchors asked the weather reporter what her favorite font was, and she said something like, “I used to love choosing different fonts, but now they tell me I have to use Helvetica.”

The strangest things about being on CNN: following a story about elephants who’d been injured by landmines, and having make-up actually painted on my face with an airbrush…

Shots of the screen in the “green room” by Brigid:

[del.icio.us] [Digg] [Ma.gnolia] [StumbleUpon]

8 Comments »

1. funny. Do you have a link to a video ?

Comment by Rumbero Design — Wednesday, March 21, 2007 @ 8:42 am

2. Not yet, I’ll post the video once they send me the DVD copy. Or maybe someone else recorded it?

Comment by Gary — Wednesday, March 21, 2007 @ 8:48 am

3. Can’t wait to see it, Gary. I’m sure you’ll be the go-to guy for the networks now whenever they need a “font expert”!

Did anyone else catch the REM reference?

Comment by Jon — Wednesday, March 21, 2007 @ 10:45 am

4. Did anyone else catch the REM reference?

Nice one, Jon…

Comment by Gary — Wednesday, March 21, 2007 @ 10:56 am

5. thanks for the info. Get me posted.

Comment by Rumbero Design — Wednesday, March 21, 2007 @ 11:04 am

6. Bumped into the item late here in Holland. Got me interested, specially since i study media and journalism. Surely will try to find a screening here in holland.

Best regards,
    Bart

Comment by bart — Monday, March 26, 2007 @ 9:14 am

7. I’m a graphic designer from Spain, I’m really interesting in the film!.

Comment by Carlos DeMiguel — Thursday, March 29, 2007 @ 7:00 am

8. Congratulations. Jazz showed me the site today. Re: the CNN picture, were you and Peter Gabriel separated at birth?

Congrats Again